PC+ Ubuntu Xenial Mainline does not boot after upgrade

Splash

Hi,

I installed the Xenial Mainline 4.6.7 image for the Orange PI PC+. That works fine and I can boot into the system. But when I do an apt-get update & upgrade, the system hangs afterwards during the boot.

At the first boot after the upgrade the system hangs after "Started udev Coldplug all Devices.". The second boot a kernel panic occurs. See http://pastebin.com/47t45ujr

Is this a known problem?

Regards

I will check the dev version. Probably the default kernel 4.6.7 will be ok for me too, but why is a new uboot and kernel installed with the upgrade command which does not work? Shouldn't the working kernel remain and only the other packages be updated?

Probably the default kernel 4.6.7 will be ok for me too, but why is a new uboot and kernel installed with the upgrade command which does not work? Shouldn't the working kernel remain and only the other packages be updated?

Because you upgraded to the latest dev kernel from stable repository, which was updated who knows when (23 Oct 2016 based on the compilation timestamps from the logs), and newer kernels are present in beta repository - but it's untested automated daily builds, so if you are happy enough with current kernel situation, then you should probably hold the kernel and u-boot packages to prevent any upgrades.

Same problem for the latest Debian server image for orange pi pc+. It does not boot after upgrade.

Mainline:
Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 4.6.7-sun8i
Also nand-sata-install does not work, but since it is written on the instructions page that it requires kernel 3.4.x that is not unusual. 

I thought maybe it would be of use to someone else whose board would not boot after upgrade. This is not a complaint =).

Same problem for the latest Debian server image for orange pi pc+. It does not boot after upgrade.

Are we still talking about mainline (dev) or legacy (default) images?

For the legacy - please open a new thread (this has "mainline" in the title specifically) and provide a log from serial console. For the mainline - please read the messages above, any reports for the dev version (especially without any logs) are pretty much discarded