x96q h313

Blaize

Armbian & Khadas are rewarding contributors

@rafman I have been trying to convert this image to a DietPi install (they have a script) and I have managed to get over a few hurdles and challenges along the way (no_pubkey issues - I bypassed with "deb [trusted=yes] ") but I've hit a wall. Can you shed some light on this? I am not having any luck sorting out the diversion issue. Can the image you compiled be done without usr-merge? Or is this more-so an issue of them having to upgrade their script? Just waiting for dietpi forum approval so I can bounce it off them over there. Cheers

Preparing to unpack .../base-files_13.5_arm64.deb ...
dpkg-divert: error: 'diversion of /lib32 to /.lib32.usr-is-merged by base-files' clashes with 'diversion of /lib32 to /lib32.usr-is-merged by base-files'
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt/archives/base-files_13.5_arm64.deb (--unpack):
 new base-files package pre-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 2
motd-news.timer is a disabled or a static unit not running, not starting it.
motd-news.service is a disabled or a static unit not running, not starting it.
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /tmp/apt/archives/base-files_13.5_arm64.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

@rafman oh excellent. thanks for the tip. Still getting acquainted with this. I was just going for consistency since I had another old box running it. considering I can get the Q1 for $40 CDN on amazon - its a really good deal to put together a quick pihole for a friends and family. I feel like the tv-box producers are missing an opportunity in not building their own armbian version will full support. They would sell more boxes!

@rafman thanks! boots up like a champ. getting further on my other issue (dietpi) but will try and sort that out in their forum.

If I wanted to try and get an alternative image to boot on this Q1/H313 - what are the core boot files I need to copy from the image?

Or is that just a non-starter approach?

Cheers!

Hello armbian members ! i just signed up to thank u guys for ur efforts, i saw this post and i remembered that i had h96q box laying around, the board itself says its v5.1, tested the img @rafman provided its working perfectly

image.png.fc07823770ce9d7a38884434b68b5300.png

boot from emmc working too wifi/lan all good 

just a quick noobish question, is everything cpu based on these images ? nothing can be used to accelerate graphics like video playback ? or how does these things work "technically" if there's any resources that i can read please point me

again thank u all for the great efforts.

@flikz I am glad to read that it works for your v5.1 board (your board is secure boot board).

when you have time please post a photo of your board (if possible) it may help others.

You can follow the bellow instructions to add hardware acceleration for your h264 videos on your Tv-Box.

Is working for me (on bookworm). 

NOTE: Unfortunately hardware video acceleration is not completed yet but the above instructions seems to work with mpv.

however when test it on (firefox / youtube) it does not makes any difference.

19 hours ago, eibrog said:

If I wanted to try and get an alternative image to boot on this Q1/H313 - what are the core boot files I need to copy from the image?

This is not an easy job.

if you try to attach an image that is build for a different board you will have incompatibilities and or hangs. 

Your current image is based on u-boot + kernel + patches.