Buying a box for armbian only

Uwu

Hi guys. I had a s905x previously which died - the heatsink fell off. I ran armbian on it for a little while and it was great. But i replaced it with a s912 which i like the extra power of.

I am now looking for an android box to get for armbian use only. I will probably put an intel heatsink/fan on it even if i feel it is necessary.

Which devices under $70 would be considered most ideal for armbian only use? I hope not to have to go back to s905x after experiencing s912 but if it is the best stable one, i will get another cheap s905x.

Onboard flash 8gb vs 16gb... Not a huge deal. Will use 200gb microsd either way. RAM at least 2gb my only real concern.

Thanks very much all.

In the Amlogic S912 thead, you'll find a few boxes mentioned.

Beelink GT1 being the box mentioned most of the time; this will probably be a popular choice and as far as I understand, the first test of Armbian on an S912 based device was done on the GT1.

Personally, I've been looking at X92 and EM92. X92 has all the stuff that EM92 has, but EM92 looks better. ;)

The X92 has 3GB RAM and 32GB eMMC and 4 USB-ports like the EM92, external antenna - and the clock display I fancy so much - I also prefer having an 'analogue' A/V jack socket, so I can easily connect it to existing HiFi.

The X92 cost around $58 on eBay (example). -But Armbian has not yet been tested on this box.

There's also a few other choices. Vorke-Z1 has 3GB DDR4 RAM, 32GB eMMC, only 2 USB ports, but still this box seems to be stuffed with some good quality. I have not tried it, so I can't tell you anything except from what I've seen on their site.

If you can find a TV-box, which uses the same WiFi chipset as the GT1, then it will probably work. Vorke is quite good at listing their details on their Web-site, they've included the WiFi module they're using.

My best advice is that you follow the S912 thread - or if you want the box now and you want to be sure that it's possible to run Armbian on it, go for the Beelink GT1.