Cubietruck 3.4.113 update

fmini

Hello,

after update to the new kernel it shows me still the 3.4.112.

I could not understand this output: it seem to be installed?

http://sprunge.us/DLAL

### Installed packages:ii  linux-base                            3.5                                all          Linux image base packageii  linux-firmware-image-sun7i            5.25                               armhf        Linux kernel firmware, version 3.4.113-sun7iii  linux-headers-sun7i                   5.25                               armhf        Linux kernel headers for 3.4.113-sun7i on armhfrc  linux-image-3.4.107-cubietruck        3.7                                armhf        Linux kernel, version 3.4.107-cubietruckii  linux-image-sun7i                     5.25                               armhf        Linux kernel, version 3.4.113-sun7irc  linux-image-sunxi                     4.4                                armhf        Linux kernel, version 3.4.109-sunxirc  linux-jessie-root-cubietruck          5.25                               armhf        Armbian tweaks for jessie on cubietruck (default branch)ii  linux-jessie-root-next-cubietruck     5.25                               armhf        Armbian tweaks for jessie on cubietruck (next branch)ii  linux-libc-dev:armhf                  4.9.2-2~bpo8+1                     armhf        Linux support headers for userspace developmentii  linux-u-boot-cubietruck               5.00                               armhf        Uboot loader 2016.01

Thank you for the quick answer. I tried tu uninstall the old kernel.

root@cubie:/var/log# apt-get remove linux-firmware-image-cubietruck linux-headers-cubietruck linux-image-cubietruck
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package linux-firmware-image-cubietruck
E: Unable to locate package linux-headers-cubietruck
E: Unable to locate package linux-image-cubietruck

After I tried to install the new one - linux-image-sun7i

So it seem all was reloaded.

Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.25 stable Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 3.4.113-sun7i
System load:   4.24             Up time:       46 sec
Memory usage:  6 % of 1998Mb    IP:            192.168.2.30
CPU temp:      57°C             HDD temp:      48°C
Usage of /:    5% of 917G

Do I need to load anything else?

Messages on the Protocol seems do be the same.

http://sprunge.us/ihJW

### Installed packages:ii  linux-base                            3.5                                all          Linux image base packageii  linux-firmware-image-sun7i            5.25                               armhf        Linux kernel firmware, version 3.4.113-sun7iii  linux-headers-sun7i                   5.25                               armhf        Linux kernel headers for 3.4.113-sun7i on armhfrc  linux-image-3.4.107-cubietruck        3.7                                armhf        Linux kernel, version 3.4.107-cubietruckii  linux-image-sun7i                     5.25                               armhf        Linux kernel, version 3.4.113-sun7irc  linux-image-sunxi                     4.4                                armhf        Linux kernel, version 3.4.109-sunxiii  linux-jessie-root-cubietruck          5.25                               armhf        Armbian tweaks for jessie on cubietruck (default branch)rc  linux-jessie-root-next-cubietruck     5.25                               armhf        Armbian tweaks for jessie on cubietruck (next branch)ii  linux-libc-dev:armhf                  4.9.2-2~bpo8+1                     armhf        Linux support headers for userspace development

It's O.K. now ... you could further uninstall those packages, 

linux-image-sunxi
linux-image-3.4.107-cubietruck
linux-jessie-root-next-cubietruck

but it's also harmless if you just leave as is.

Hello,

thank you again.

I intendet to uninstall them. Here the output messages:

root@cubie:~# apt-get remove linux-image-sunxi linux-image-3.4.107-cubietruck linux-jessie-root-next-cubietruck
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package 'linux-jessie-root-next-cubietruck' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'linux-image-sunxi' is not installed, so not removed
Package 'linux-image-3.4.107-cubietruck' is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

It seems not be install.

I have still one question to the different kernels on the following link.

https://www.armbian.com/kernel/

When do I have to install which  Kernel? (for cubietruck Allwinner A20 is clear)

Firmware?

Board support packages

Latest mainline for all Allwinner devices

U-boots

When do I have to install which  Kernel? (for cubietruck Allwinner A20 is clear)

Firmware?

Board support packages

Latest mainline for all Allwinner devices

U-boots

This page is more like a table with all kernels that we build. You don't need to install anything since images comes with all those packages ... but in case you do some damage or in your case, you can fix the system by installing a proper one. Next, some boards have more kernels and you can switch between them. So this table has naming and if you go for "DEV" ... you need usually to change to DEV u-boot to ... so it's better to change all packages if you want to do so. In any case, all this is recommended for experienced users who know how to fix things if something goes wrong.