HDMI CEC support

@OttawaHacker What specifically do you mean regarding "on/off" thing?  Previously, I updated the Kodi config for for my CEC remote to manage how certain functions work with the remote in CEC.  This was done through the menus in Kodi.  If you can explain what you're trying to do, I'll try it on my setup.  I usually leave the CEC setup so that the TV and other devices are not turned off or switched to/from when the events happen.

If you go to Settings / System / Input / Peripherals and then select CEC Adapter, a list of items that can be modified is displayed.  I don't know if all of them work or if it depends on your TV, other devices etc.  Have a look.  Let me know if you want me to post the list.

Edited by ArmBoy1988

55 minutes ago, ArmBoy1988 said:

What specifically do you mean regarding "on/off" thing?

in the past I had a script to power on/off my TV through home assistant. The CEC supports putting devices in sleep and waking them up.

If this works in Kodi then the standard kernel interface is available in Armbian. The important part is the hardware support - very few devices support sending CEC data but if Kodi can change input and turn on/off already, then we should be all good with Armbian and OPI5.