Installing on DV8038 (s805x-p241)

I've this old tv box from a brazilian brand, called Intelbras IZY Play, the OEM appears to be SDMC, with the codename DV8038, it uses the s805x SoC.

From what I've looked, it should be compatible using the files

• meson-gxl-s805x-p241.dtb
  • u-boot-s905x-s912

The device does not have an SD card slot, so i'm trying to do it with a flash drive, however, after flashing it with balenaEtcher and doing the necessary changes to the files in my Windows PC, I cannot get it to boot, it justs enters a loop of showing the splash screen, turning off, showing the splash screen, and so on.

I'm trying to turn it on pressing the hidden button that it has between the usb ports with a paper clip while I connect the power cable, if I do that without the USB stick on, it boots into a sort of recovery/fastboot screen similar to what android phones have.

I've tried all variants of Armbian Bookworm, and I'm flashing Jammy as I write this post to test it as well, if it does work I will update the post.

Edited by Levy Barbosa

If you want to dig deeper into this, you will need to find the uart pins on the board, hookup  USB uart connector and capture the boot messages to see what is actually happening when booting.

Since I don't have this board nor know of anyone that has tried running Armbian on that board.