Unable to map network drive

BOFFBOY

Hi all,

so I was trying to map a windows network drive to armbian but something is missing or am i doing something wrong here:

I tried 

smb://10.10.2.101

sftp://10.10.2.101

both are highlighted in red

It works fine on Rocky Linux thou.. 

any ideas ?

Capture.PNG

Why are you expecting these services to be pre configured for you out of the box?  Any file sharing service is a potential security hole, so any good distribution isn't going to have them enabled by default.

Since nobody mentioned it.

I don't know what desktop env that is, but I think using those prefixes is not connected to the packages you get for installing for example cifs-utils.

I more think this has to do with fuse or something similar.

If you provide a bit more info of your system, more help might be provided by users.

I have never used any graphical env on any of my armbian installs so I simply have no idea what is on them. 😮

It looks like gnome, so I think you can google using Ubuntu in your searches, and that might give you the solution of what you have to install. :)

Never the less, you can always mount the share using `mount` in cli and they will become accessible that way.

Edited by bedna