panfrost spams dmesg

Posted (edited)

Hello all,

I noticed that since recently (TM) I got loads of spam from panfrost in my dmesg output:

image.thumb.png.42dfc3058ec4d471d8f21d8a5d0d738b.png

I understand that this has something todo with graphics.
The only "graphic" thing I'm doing is running standard Klipper-Screen through HDMI and this seems to be working as always...

It definately wasn't there like half a year ago.

can I get rid of it? Is it something to worry about?

my armbian is running on a Banana-Pi CM4 module of of the eMMC. It's a rather standard installation with Klipper installed via KIAUH.

sincerely 

- cad435

Edited by cad 435

This has already been fixed upstream and backported to 6.6.y LTS.

https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20240322164525.2617508-1-christianshewitt@gmail.com/

My suggestion is to update the kernel.

If you don't wanna update you may just be able to blacklist the driver, which was what I did until it was fixed. It comes down to what is required by Klipper in your case.

Posted (edited)

Any Ideas how I can get my installation to update?

Edit: I just rebooted the system one more time after the autoreboot and now I only get some errors and pxelinux is booting...

Guess my installation just is f'ed and neets full repair (aka new flashing with SD-Card and copying to eMMC)

Guess this topic can be also closed...

Edited by cad 435

22 minutes ago, cad 435 said:

Any Ideas how I can get my installation to update?

Edit: I just rebooted the system one more time after the autoreboot and now I only get some errors and pxelinux is booting...

Guess my installation just is f'ed and neets full repair (aka new flashing with SD-Card and copying to eMMC)

Guess this topic can be also closed...

I'll see if I can get those release imgs updated to something more recent and inquire about the breakage. 

Posted (edited)

I reinstalled armbian, uname -r gets me: 6.6.16-current-meson64

with reinstalled I mean I downloaded the image from the armbian website 

Edited by cad 435

Is it possible to upgrade?

I upgraded the system and the kernel via armbian-config, but now I'm on 6.7.4-edge-meson64...

I have no idea how to get to newest "latest release" from within the running system tbh... Is it even possible?

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade also did really nothing....

I feel like I'm  missing some kind of big point here which just hangs before my face, but I don't see it...

@cad 435  No you aren't really missing anything.  In the stable channel, kernel .debs generally only get pushed out every three months when a new stable release is put out (24.05 will be out the end of this month for example).

If you want to get regular updates of kernels you need to switch to the nightly builds repository in armbian-config.  Right now there is no in between.