Why there's no sequencer ?

Hi all,

I have some x905 boxes and I'd like to use one (an old TX95 -> x905w IIRC) as a midi sequencer with fluidsynth.

I found the hard way that the default kernel has no midi sequencer support (in kernel or module) so there's no way to use aconnect and have it as a midi box.

The only solution seems to be rebuild the kernel with the added module support but it's been decades since last time i rebuilt a kernel and S905 kernels (with added balbes150 mods and stuff to have it working on those cheap boxes) seems a bit too complex for me.

So the question is: is there a way to get a working kernel with midi support, and how to put it in.

If this wasn't really feasable: how could a mere mortal (with some knowledge) rebuild an x905w kernel, pack it and install without breaking the whole thing in the process ?

( I'm not interested in a GUI or similar, it would work as headless with the RCA out for audio )

2 hours ago, PerAsperaAdAstra said:

Armbian-unofficial 24.2.0-trunk Jammy

That isn't the full name of the build.  Please provide the full name of the image file or the output of armbianmonitor -u