DTB file for tx9 pro

hello i'm having a issue with my old tx9 pro s912 3g 34gb  the problem is the wifi sometime will stop work and when i do a apt upgrade i have to replaced the dtb file because it get delete, i using a dtb file that a user post on github, i wonder if any of you have this issue, it cant be the wifi controller is dying, or my dtb file is wrong

Posted (edited)

hi i currently using bookworm with xfce this is the dtb file im using https://github.com/ophub/amlogic-s9xxx-armbian/files/8715826/meson-gxm-tx9-pro.dtb.zip i put in /boot/dtb/amlogic  edit the conf file in /extlinux/extlinux.conf, I add the line FDT=/dtb/amlogic/the name of the dtb file, I Don't know what is the issue but the wifi sometimes works sometimes Don't I have to reset the box to get it to work, and I do apt upgrade the box won't turn on until put back the the dtb file in the folder and edit the conf file and the emmc boot file 

Edited by alexander garcia

On 5/14/2024 at 3:49 PM, alexander garcia said:

i put in /boot/dtb/amlogic

You should not put a custom dtb in this location.  When you upgrade the kernel it will delete this directory and replace it with the contents of the new kernel 's dtbs.  And then your box will fail to boot at the dtb file referenced in your extlinix.conf file will be missing.

To answer your original question don't expect wifi to work on any TV box running amlogic build.  I have about 6 different boxes and wifi doesn't work on any of them.  This is mentioned in the FAQ: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/16976-status-of-armbian-on-tv-boxes-please-read-first

It would be easier to buy a USB dongle for wifi if you need it.

Posted (edited)

Thank for the idea of the usb wifi i didn't buy it, i try a other dc power with 400ma i already have around originally I was using 300ma, now the wifi works like a charms, how high you think I can go 1a ? I want to add a fan 

Edited by alexander garcia

There shouldn't be an upper limit on your power supply (as long as it supplies enough to meet the boards needs, so lower limit yes, upper limit no).  Those numbers only indicate the amount of power available to the box, not how much it will draw.  You could use a 2amp or 3amp power supply without any problem.