Filesystem journal data=ordered being used on NAND instead of writeback

luiz_siam

Hello,

I'm running armbian on the cubieboard 2 and have noticed something that might be an unexpected behavior: when running on NAND, the nand2 partition is mounted with ordered data mode (despite the fstab configuration)! It looks like the system tries to remount the partition in writeback data mode, but it is not allowed to, according to the following messages:

root@siamserver:~# dmesg | grep EXT4
[   12.504386] EXT4-fs (nand2): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
[   17.557900] EXT4-fs (nand2): Cannot change data mode on remount
[   17.604119] EXT4-fs (nand2): Cannot change data mode on remount

As the official cubieboard 2 download page states the writeback mode as a performance tweak and the fstab states that the /dev/nand2 partition should be mounted with writeback mode, I'm not sure if this is the default behavior or if this is happening only here.

Another important thing I've noticed: if running on SD card, the partition is really running on writeback mode! And the same fstab is used (the script just changes the mmc string to nand2)

As my intention is to have the system safe after unexpected power failures I'm good with this option (despite some corruptions from time to time), however I just want to make sure that everything is fine here and, most importantly, that my partition is really being mounted in ordered data mode (as obvious as it may sound) :) 

Regards

Strange. Today's fresh install:

[   12.764268] EXT4-fs (nand2): mounted filesystem without journal. Opts: (null)
[   18.399862] EXT4-fs (nand2): Remounting file system with no journal so ignoring journalled data option
[   18.408673] EXT4-fs (nand2): re-mounted. Opts: data=writeback,commit=600,errors=remount-ro

Installer script or image is not yet available for download ... rebuilding updates now.

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your response. I'm running an armbian version from June, maybe this can explain it. I can't update it right now in order not to risk the stability of the production devices, but as soon as I can I'll try the new version.

Regards,

Luiz