Please Help Upgrading on Tronsmart Vega S95 Telos

DWP

Posted (edited)

Many years ago, I fooled around and managed to get this old, Android TV box to boot/run Armbian from external SD card. As I recall, I followed Steelman's instructions. It appears to have kinetic (Unbuntu?) installed. I ended up not really using it and it went back into a box.

Now I have a use for it. I want to run this software. And all of my apt commands fail in one way or another: bad repository (I changed to old-releases and that "helped"), then no release file (so I used insecure options on apt and that "helped" a bit but ultimately failed again), etc.

So I guess I am being forced to upgrade. But all of the suggestions I have found to do this fail - basically again due to the above stuff.

I am kind of at the end of my rope. Can anyone suggest what I should do? I need pretty good detail as I remain a newbie. Thanks

Edited by DWP

Armbian & Khadas are rewarding contributors

I am sorry but it is so long ago, I cannot even recall where to start - or even the original posting from you I was following. It just has all sipped away from me 😞

Posted (edited)

Ah, I found this archived post. So now I wonder what release to use. I have no recollection of what I did last time. Looks like Noble is the latest. So I will try that.

It appears I was using u-boot-s905 as it is the same size as u-boot.ext and it is working.

Thanks for all.

Edited by DWP

If you have no preference, I'd recommend Armbian Noble Desktop XFCE (6.6 kernel).  That is the latest Ubuntu userspace with the currently supported kernel and a lightweight desktop environment.

Posted (edited)

Thanks! I have that in process now. Etcher is under way and validating. I am getting kind of old for this, I guess.

Edited by DWP