Strange build behavior for NanoPi M1 Plus

To help diagnose the issues I'm facing with AP6212 with other boards, I've decide to build an image for the newly received NanoPiM1Plus.

It produced the following image : Armbian_5.27_Nanopim1plus_Debian_jessie_dev_4.10.11.img

I've plugged an USB-TTL on the board, it booted until the login prompt.

Trying the usual root/1234 failed, looking at FriendlyArm site, although I'm not using their image, but an Armbian freshly built, I've try their passwd : root/fa

It logged ... looking for AP6212 traces, I've seen some "bcmsdh_sdmmc_probe" ... Doohh ?

I did "uname -a" : again, Doohh ? : Linux FriendlyARM 3.10.65 #4 SMP PREEMPT Fri Mar 24 11:33:57 CST 2017

Coming to the conclusion : it booted from the eMMC, ignoring the SDCard present in the crappy socket !!!

Looking at /dev/mmc*, the SDCard is under mmcblk1, mount it, trying to change boot.cmd for proper mmc, "mkimage" is not present in their crappy BSD.

Doing it from my PC ... insert sdcard again, no u-boot at all (the first try above was probably false contact ignoring sd), no way to boot from sd, remove sd card and booting again the BSD.

Conclusion : I start hating this board ! I don't want to spend hours without having an Armbian...

Yes ! I've got the idea while you were answering : why not trying to boot an OPiZeroPlus-H5 on this board ?

Success ! ... This means the Armbian_5.27_Nanopim1plus_Debian_jessie_dev_4.10.11.img is complete crap !

We will have to check this target completely ...

EDIT : I will redo a build and inspect all the steps of u-boot compile (since I didn't keep the log, and have built some other H5) ...

Apologize for some previous noise ...

Ok ! I did the right build, now the u-boot is Ok, but it missing the sun50i-h5-nanopim1plus2.dtb.

This means the WIP target is incomplete ! I will have to finish it, probably like I did for other H5 recently.

But this means that my whole goal of trying to see if AP6212 is working on this board can't help, because I will probably end up with same things as other H5.

Ok ! I've added the new add_nanopim1plus2_dts.patch, and committed it along with few tweaks for Makefile since patches are applied in alphabetic order.

Now, this image boot properly, but as expected, like other AP6212, it doesn't load up, and even mmc-sdio isn't fully initialized.

Back to SquareOne with this AP6212 issue ... :wacko:

EDIT : I've added MMC2 for eMMC into this ... GoodBye, BSD ! I'm now over-writing you ! :P