Add missing DTB files to the release

I have recently found this great project and have converted my old unused and dusty s9xx TV Boxes to ARMBIAN for use as remote NAS and other applications.

I have X96 Max Plus 2 T, Beelink GT1, and 2x Beelink MiniMXIII II (total of 4 boxes).

For the Beelink MiniMXIII II I used the meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb out of the box and it works great (100Mbit Ethernet and WIFI)

For the X96 Max Plus I had to go to https://github.com/ophub/amlogic-s9xxx-armbian/releases and extract and use the meson-sm1-x96-max-plus.dtb file (Gbit Ethernet works but WIFI doesn't)

For the Beelink GT1 I again extract and used (from https://github.com/ophub/amlogic-s9xxx-armbian/releases) the meson-sm1-beelink-gt1.dtb and it works great (Gbit Ethernet and WIFI)

The problem is that every time I upgrade the armbian base firmware files when there is a new release (apt upgrade) it overwrites the /boot/dtb/amlogic folder and deletes the old files including the above X96 and GT1 dtb files which breaks my boxes.

How can this be avoided? Can these dtb files be included in the official release?

Does anyone have a working dtb files for the X96 Max Plus (Ethernet RTL8211F and WIFI AM7256)?

Armbian & Khadas are rewarding contributors

This is Community Maintained software (not supported by Armbian).  So please submit a PR if you would like to see changes.  My experience is that ophub just ships a lot of binary code from unknown origins (the dtb is a binary file, you would need to track down the source file (.dts) to submit here as we don't include binary files from unknown origins but build things from source).

Also note that the dtb file doesn't need to be inside the /boot/dtb/amlogic directory.  To avoid your issue just put it in /boot (and adjust the extlinux.conf accordingly).