Building out of tree with armbian

Hi all,

I have the clearfog base - Armbian 5.32 works great on it. Now let's say I need to develop an application which uses Boost. I can create a custom user config to install the appropriate packages, but how do I compile against it? rootfs seems to be deleted every time I create an image to be flashed. How can I package my own application into the sd card image?

I have done this before with openwrt and their custom packages, but if I could do it in Armbian that would be great. 

Hi all,

Thanks for the info. I wasn't trying to build a kernel module or to customize the image, but only to compile against the rootfs. I eventually unset use_tmpfs and removed the "rm $SD_CARD" command from the scripts. I now have a rootfs in .tmp I can use.

Alternatively, I just mounted the .img and compiled against it!

On 8/7/2017 at 6:26 PM, zador.blood.stained said:

You can put custom commands in userpatches/customize-image.sh

I think that the best approach would be to chroot+qemu the img that is actually running on your armbian device and compile within it.

The performances are really good, considering it is an x86->aarch64 emulation. I have used it to compile libraries that run out of memory (and swap on SD/USB is so slow that it is basically useless) on my OrangePi PC2 1Gb RAM