Adding custom applications/packages to build

g40

If I have understood correctly, usb-redirector is an example of adding a custom application to an Armbian build? Is there a slightly simpler 'hello world' example?

I typically use Buildroot to assemble an OS and RFS - is there anything similar to the BR package system in Armbian if I have misunderstood the above?

TAIA.

On 14.08.2017 at 8:34 PM, g40 said:

If I have understood correctly, usb-redirector is an example of adding a custom application to an Armbian build?

No, while this is possible to use in theory, these scripts are obsolete and support for them may be changed or completely removed.

If you are talking about altering the default package list (adding or removing standard Debian/Ubuntu packages) then you are looking for changing some variables (by using shell scripting) in userpatches/lib.config

If you are talking about changing settings, compiling and installing custom software in chroot or similar tasks you are looking for putting your code in userpatches/customize-image.sh (by default it may contain a big function related to installing OMV, so it can be seen as a big and scary "hello world" example).