OrangePI 2 Plus - Storage Performance query

Lee Noble

37 minutes ago, Lee Noble said:

Thanks again for all your help and really sorry for wasting time as it appears to be a hardware limitation - I should have spotted this earlier.

Yeah, I should've insisted on what was asked in post #2 above (iozone numbers) ;)

Anyway, now we're warned and OPi Plus 2 got again a little bit less attractive... but I fear we'll see the switch from KLMAG2GEND-B031 to KLMAG2WEPD-B031 on other Xunlong boards as well. But as already said if we keep use cases in mind then benchmarking the eMMC as we did here is nothing relevant and as long as the eMMC modules on the various boards show nice/high 4K/16K random IOPS they're the way better alternative to slow SD cards since this is what 'OS performance' depends on somewhat.

If we keep in mind that most 'average' SD cards show 16K random IOPS values less than 10 (many even just 5 and an awful lot of cards only 2! -- check the numbers) something close to 600 can be considered amazingly fast (9434KB/s / 16KB = 590 IOPS)

59d65dc048864_ssdusb2.JPG.b01c38542742fcd7d41be6aa274526df.JPG

Hehe :)

at least something was learned from today(mainly me learning).

All looking good now, I had a spare 256GB SSD laying around so i used it to test the USB2.

Now the question is..... do I stick with your OMV image, or go back to Armbian_5.30_Orangepiplus_Ubuntu_xenial_default_3.4.113.img ?