[Question] Orange Pi LITE - Does not connect to WIFI.

petaspam

Hello everyone.

I encourage you to write these lines after I spend all day reading and trying to solve the problem without success. Knowing that there are other many post about, I write this new that existing ones are already very old and refer to applications and concepts that no longer exist in the latest versions of ARMbian.

The fact is that I bought a new OrangePi Lite with a new SDHC Clase10 (80MBs) SanDisk and basically not I connect to the WIFI 2.4 g connection of my house where work perfectly without any problems other Zero OPI and OPI PC + with ARMbian 5.35 Ubuntu.

The summary problem is it asks me again the password and does not connect. (of course the password is correct).

Expanding the information about the problem:

-To this day (01 Dec 2017) to OPI LITE will install the latest version of the compilation of the RetrorangePi 4.1 using ARMbian 5.35 Ubuntu.

1. Everything perfect until you try to configure the wifi by the usual channels:
  2. Failure through the execution of the Script in EmuStation.
  3. Failure through the X GUI.
  4. Failure through the virtual terminal with "nmtui" (Network Manager).
  5. Failure through the console with 'nmtui' mode.

Same error for all, finds the correct SSID, asks password, takes a few seconds and returns to show you the window so that you put the correct password.

Then after I thought it would be because of the distribution and tried more things.

-I thought try the latest version ARMbian available at this time "5.35 ARMbian Ubuntu Xenial 3.4.113" in Server and Desktop versions with the same results. I already started to look for the Forum and try without success.

-I have tested by discarding ARMbian 5.35 compilations Ubuntu and RetrorangePi 4.1 which correspond in the OPI PC + and have worked without incident, everything perfect.

-Finally I've tried previous versions 5.25 ARMbian Ubuntu Server and Desktop and connect by GUI and Network Manager (nmtui) without problems.

I could do:

route -n
    ping 8.8.8.8
    nslookup google.es

I have also been able to navigate with firefox perfectly.

i.imgur.com/cK24NcC.png

Well, I think that may be enough. I hope you can guide me so that I can connect from the latest version (ARMbian 5.35 Ubuntu) to WIFI and then apply the same arrangement to the RetrorangePi 4.1 compilation.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Español Original:

Spoiler

Hola a todos.

Me animo a escribir estas líneas después de pasarme todo el día leyendo y probando para solucionar el problema sin éxito. Sabiendo que existen otros muchos post al respecto, escribo este nuevo por que los existentes ya son muy antiguos y se refieren a aplicaciones y conceptos que ya no existen en las últimas versiones de ARMbian.

El caso es que adquirí una nueva OrangePi Lite con una nueva SDHC Clase10 (80MBs) de SanDisk y básicamente no puedo conectarme a la conexión WIFI 2.4G de mi casa donde funcionan perfectamente sin problemas otras OPI Zero y OPI PC+ con ARMbian 5.35.

El problema resumido es que me pregunta una y otra vez la contraseña y no conecta. (por supuesto la contraseña es correcta).

Ampliando la información sobre el problema:

- A día de hoy (01 Dic 2017) a la OPI LITE le instalo la última versión de la compilación de la RetrorangePi 4.1 que usa ARMbian 5.35 Ubuntu.

Todo perfecto hasta que intentas configurar la wifi por los canales habituales:
    Falla a través de la ejecución del Script dentro de EmuStation
    Falla a través de la GUI X.
    Falla a través del terminal virtual con "nmtui" (Network Manager).
    Falla a través del modo consola con "nmtui"

Mismo fallo para todas, encuentra SSID correcta, Pide contraseña, tarda unos segundos y vuelve a mostrarte la ventana para que pongas la contraseña correcta.

Entonces después pensé que sería culpa de la distribución y probé más cosas.

- Pensé en probar la última versión ARMbian disponible en este momento "ARMbian 5.35 Ubuntu Xenial 3.4.113" en sus versiones Server y Desktop con los mismos resultados. Ya empecé a buscar por el foro y a probar sin éxito.

- He probado por descartar las compilaciones ARMbian 5.35 Ubuntu y RetrorangePi 4.1 que corresponden en la OPI PC+ y han funcionado sin incidentes, todo perfecto.

- Por ultimo he probado las versiones anteriores de ARMbian 5.25 Ubuntu Server y Desktop y conecto por GUI y Network Manager (nmtui) sin problemas.
  Pude hace:
    route -n
    ping 8.8.8.8
    nslookup google.es

i.imgur.com/cK24NcC.png

Bueno, creo que puede ser suficiente. espero puedan guiarme para conseguir que pueda conectarme desde la ultima version (ARMbian 5.35 Ubuntu) a la WIFI para despues aplicar el mismo arreglo a la conpulación de la RetrorangePi 4.1.

Muchas gracias por tiempo y paciencia.

Some visited sites:

Hi.

I have been testing with the Image of the RetroPi for OPI Lite and the Desktop image of ARMbian 5.36 and in appearance with the ARMbian it is always connected and with retrorangepi it is very unstable, it connects when you want ...
I find it a scam because in theory RetrOragePi 4.1 is based on the same version of ARMbian (the v5.36), do you think I should configure something?