Error compiling Armbian

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to compile armbian in my ubuntu 14.04 machine.

Can someone identify what is this error Im encountering?

Thanks in advcance. :)

Compiling u-boot...                                                          │  
                        │──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────│  
                        │ .config:617:warning: override: reassigning to symbol OLD_SUNXI_KERNEL_COMPAT │  
                        │ #                                                                            │  
                        │ # configuration written to .config                                           │  
                        │ #                                                                            │  
                        │   CHK     include/config.h                                                   │  
                        │   GEN     include/autoconf.mk                                                │  
                        │ /bin/sh: 1: ccache: not found                                                │  
                        │   GEN     include/autoconf.mk.dep                                            │  
                        │ /bin/sh: 1: ccache: not found                                                │  
                        │ make[1]: *** [include/autoconf.mk] Error 1                                   │  
                        │ make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....                                 │  
                        │ make[1]: *** [include/autoconf.mk.dep] Error 1                               │  
                        │   GEN     spl/include/autoconf.mk                                            │  
                        │ make[1]: *** [spl/include/autoconf.mk] Error 1                               │  
                        │ make: *** No rule to make target `include/config/auto.conf', needed by `incl 
[ o.k. ] Target directory [ /home/ionics-sw/Desktop/ARMBIAN/output/debs/ ]
[ o.k. ] Building deb [ linux-u-boot-cubieboard2_4.83_armhf.deb ]
[ error ] Building failed, check configuration. [ linux-u-boot-cubieboard2_4.83_armhf.deb deleted ]

I am trying to compile armbian in my ubuntu 14.04 machine.

As zador says, you need

sudo apt-get install ccache

Also make sure you are using a virtual machine (like virtualbox) so:

- you have a fresh install of the system,

- if you make a mistake as @root@ you won't loose too much data!

Edited by wildcat_paris
won't loose... typo fix

@wildcat_paris

ccache should be installed automatically and should work without any extra configuration. Since for some reason it didn't work, it's best to unserstand what is wrong and why before attempting to blindly fix the problem by poking at random places  :)

Also compiling kernel should be 99.99% safe even if you are using it without virtualization or isolation in a container; however building Trusty OS images on desktop Trusty host (at least with default settings/old debootstrap) is not safe and may cause issues.

dear @zador.blood.stain

you know that... I know & tested fresh installs of the framework :) I have seen recently some of the changes in the framework (including a lots of yours as well)

you have the mind/abilities of the 2nd (higher) level support, much as Igor.

My little myself... I have the ideas/reaction of 1st level support (here 1/ users shall use a virtual machine for their own security... until old debootstrap is removed OR as a precaution for Armbian crew as users can do tricky changes in their system! 2/ install ccache... maybe the user feedback will be : ccache is already installed, so now your turn... 2nd level support crew reply!).

a friendly :P:beer: