Tinkerboard video : very slow ?

pipozovato

Hi every body,

I am a new user of Armbian and Linux based system. I wanted to use the Tinkerboard because of his 4K video processor (I am programming a special  video application)

I install Armbian following the steps of the site. Everything went good, the system is runing.

I made all update an so on. Then I wanted to test a video (MP4 1920x1080) capability with the build in player, and the video is playing very slow.

I try too a Youtube video, same thing...

Meanwhile I installed a TinkerIOS linaro and TinkerOS android, video are playing at the good speed...

So my  questions are:

1) do we need a special video driver on Armbian for the tinker board?

2) I found malit76xr12p004rel0linux1waylandtar.gz that seems to be a Mali 762 driver, but what is the install procedure? is it the good one?

Maybe I missed a step, insofare I'm a beginner. If any one can help me...

Regards :-) Pietro 

As you already discovered, there is a tutorial that will help you set up acceleration in the Tinkerboard:

Take into account that you will need to install the testing new kernel packages, from the thread referenced at the beginning of the tutorial. Hopefully, in a few days a new Armbian image will be released, including the new kernel.

23 minutes ago, JMCC said:

Hopefully, in a few days a new Armbian image will be released, including the new kernel.

That is the goal.  I have 2 things on my list of "has to work" and 1 on the "should work" before we roll out a new image: Audio is a must and the Mali permissions.  The Bluetooth situation is complicated by the Rockchip rfkill stuff, for some reason the simple service that works on other boards with rtl8723bs does not work at all on this one.  If it doesn't work properly with a few adjustments I will leave it as it is.