BuildScript Error

Building some more custom banana Pi images with the Igor repo. Tried to install plex and it seems to succeed but when finalizing the image these errors occur

0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 21 not upgraded.Need to get 109 MB of archives.After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.Get:1 http://dev2day.de/pms/wheezy/main plexmediaserver armhf 0.9.12.3.1173-937aac3-1~wheezy [109 MB]Fetched 109 MB in 1min 9s (1,567 kB/s)                                         Selecting previously unselected package plexmediaserver.(Reading database ... 39625 files and directories currently installed.)Unpacking plexmediaserver (from .../plexmediaserver_0.9.12.3.1173-937aac3-1~wheezy_armhf.deb) ...Setting up plexmediaserver (0.9.12.3.1173-937aac3-1~wheezy) ...update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencingPlex Media Server is not running (no process found)...Starting Plex Media Server: done[ ok ] Writing boot loader[ ok ] Shrink partition and image to real size with 10% free spaceresize2fs 1.42.9 (4-Feb-2014)The containing partition (or device) is only 306944 (4k) blocks.You requested a new size of 315392 blocks./home/htpcguides/BananaPI-Debian/lib/common.sh: line 385: *4096/1024: syntax error: operand expected (error token is "*4096/1024")[ ok ] Runtime 18 min 
I can still write the image but it won't let me change the password via SSH and just boots me instead. Any ideas?

I added the image shrinking part not long ago and I also experience this problem.

It could help if you enlarge this parameter:

https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/blob/next/common.sh#L380

from 1.2 to 1.5

I need to take some more time here to fix properly.

Thanks Igor, I tried that but same error, this part concerns me

After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.

It's like the problem is the current size of the working image it is using, if I change the size from 1200 to 1500 in build.sh do you think that would help?

resize2fs 1.42.9 (4-Feb-2014)
The containing partition (or device) is only 306944 (4k) blocks.
You requested a new size of 406528 blocks.

/home/htpcguides/BananaPI-Debian/lib/common.sh: line 385: *4096/1024: syntax error: operand expected (error token is "*4096/1024")

It's like the problem is the current size of the working image it is using, if I change the size from 1200 to 1500 in build.sh do you think that would help?

Yes, this is also possible. I usually don't install much after base system so it's always around 1G ... don't know how much do you need for plexmediaserver ... Initial size of 1200 might not be enough, 1500-2000 should probably do.

And one more think. If the script breaks in the middle is better to reboot before running script again. 

Yes, this is also possible. I usually don't install much after base system so it's always around 1G ... don't know how much do you need for plexmediaserver ... Initial size of 1200 might not be enough, 1500-2000 should probably do.

And one more think. If the script breaks in the middle is better to reboot before running script again. 

Rebooting helped! What is that about?

Some processes are not closed properly. I made some fixes for this but it doesn't help always. 

In general the script needs some additional fine tuning.  :huh:

Some processes are not closed properly. I made some fixes for this but it doesn't help always. 

In general the script needs some additional fine tuning.  :huh:

OK, to be fair for a complicated script it has only ever failed me this once, you have done an excellent job. I am really enjoying the fork I made of your micro server too, great framework. Please respond about the DVB tuner if you are interested I would like to contribute to you getting one ;)

in lib/common.sh add some brackets near line 385:

NEWSIZE=$(($BLOCKSIZE*$NEWSIZE/1024))

and in the case you installed a native language like me (i installed german), you have to fix the grep a line above:

BLOCKSIZE=$(resize2fs $LOOP $NEWSIZE"M" | grep "Das Dateisystem auf" | awk '{ print $(NF-2)}')

in lib/common.sh add some brackets near line 385:

NEWSIZE=$(($BLOCKSIZE*$NEWSIZE/1024))

fixed

:huh: My mistake. A little better solution - It works for me - with different locales on host:

BLOCKSIZE=$(LANGUAGE=english resize2fs $LOOP $NEWSIZE"M" | grep "The filesystem on" | awk '{ print $(NF-2)}')

Thakns!

I was able to build Lime2 Debian Jessie last week but this week I am getting the same common.sh error.

This is despite the last fix mentioned by Igor.

lines 384 and 385 from common.sh

# resize partition to new size

BLOCKSIZE=$(LANGUAGE=english resize2fs $LOOP $NEWSIZE"M" | grep "The filesystem on" | awk '{ print $(NF-2)}')
NEWSIZE=$(($BLOCKSIZE*$UNITSIZE/1024))

cp: cannot create regular file ‘/home/ssn/Lime-Debian/output/output/sdcard/etc/lirc/lircd.conf’: No such file or directory

[ ok ] Fingerprinting
[ ok ] Possible after install
[ ok ] Writing boot loader
[ ok ] Shrink partition and image to real size with 10% free space
resize2fs 1.42.9 (4-Feb-2014)
The containing partition (or device) is only 517464 (1k) blocks.
You requested a new size of 541696 blocks.

/home/ssn/Lime-Debian/lib/common.sh: line 385: *1024/1024: syntax error: operand expected (error token is "*1024/1024")
[ ok ] Runtime 101 min