MXQ/S805 Login Issue (Resolution related?)

DarkDeveloper

Hi,

I am posting from work, so do not currently have access to my MXQ box, meaning what I am about to explain is based on last nights attempt at running Armbian from a SDCard

I will try to be as detailed as I can....

I have been following a tutorial at the MXQProject website in order to install the Mate Armbian distro (5.41) onto a MXQ / S805 Android box (although I have chosen to use the XFCE distro instead).

All seems to goes well, until I get to the first Armbian login prompt (the bit where I enter 'root' as the user and '1234' as the password).

As I understand the MXQProject tutorial, after successfully logging in as root, I should be asked to create a new user prior to actually logging into the GUI.

On first boot, the boot process pauses and displays what appears to be the top of the login prompt ('GNU Linux  tty1') at the very very bottom of the monitor screen. Unfortunately,  I cannot see the actual login prompt (which I presume is being displayed on the next line, off screen)

If I reboot at this point, Armbian seems to load past the same point and subsequently displays the GUI with Login box.

If I type in the root (as user) and the password(1234), the login box displays a message (with a blue background) with words to the effect that the password is changing - after that, I cannot seem to bypass the login prompt (regardless of what I may type in)

I have tried this process twice on two different monitors, and using two different SDCards (both with the Armbian image burnt to the card using etcher).

Would anybody be able to advise on how to overcome this obstacle?

Thanks in advance

Good evening,
I think that the procedure for changing the ROOT password was not complete and you can not create the first user.

If you are not used to the linux world, I suggest you to redo a new image on your SD card and redo the installation procedure.
There is way to do it differently, but in command line you have to create this first user and after a reboot everything comes back in order.

With a new image on the SD card, memory procedure:
- the moment he asks the user: root
- the password: 1234
- Current (Unix) password: 1234 (maybe that's where you made a mistake)
- New (Unix) password: your root password
- Retype (Unix) password: your root password a 2nd time
- You will arrive at the creation of the first user and find the procedure of MXQ Project (the same one I used).

Good luck,
DDA

If you do not see all the lines on the screen, try to open file on PC immediately after the image recording. /boot/hdmi.sh and switch the screen resolution from 1080 to 720 (swap the comment symbol "#" in the first lines with the specified digits).