A20-SOM wake up from NMI_N

PaulMorrison

I am making some testing over A20-SOM from Olimex. I have a signal connected to NMI_N pin and with a legacy distribution, with power_start=0 on FEX, I am able to poweroff the board from command line (while the board is still powered) and then poweron/weakup the board raising up the signal on NMI_N.

However, I need to do this on an armbian mainline distribution. I poweroff the board from command line (but keep the board powered), the PWR_LED keeps turn on and the board should wakeup when I turn on the signal on NMI_N and it does on my legacy distribution but not in armbian.

Has anyone any clue, advice/tip to make this work in armbian? I really don't know where to start. 

if this helps, here are the docs of A20-SOM and AXP209:

http://dl.linux-sunxi.org/AXP/AXP209_Datasheet_v1.0en.pdf

https://www.olimex.com/Products/SOM/A20/A20-SOM/resources/A20-SOM-user-manual.pdf

Many thanks for considering my request!

2 hours ago, PaulMorrison said:

I have a signal connected to NMI_N pin and with a legacy distribution, with power_start=0 on FEX, I am able to poweroff the board from command line (while the board is still powered) and then poweron/weakup the board raising up the signal on NMI_N.

What exact Kernel & Distribution were you using here ?

2 hours ago, PaulMorrison said:

an armbian mainline distribution.

copy the Link of: armbianmonitor -u

4 hours ago, PaulMorrison said:

I am able to poweroff the board from command line (while the board is still powered) and then poweron/weakup the board raising up the signal on NMI_N.

It is not powered off completely in this state, it is sitting in a standby mode in the legacy u-boot.

4 hours ago, PaulMorrison said:

However, I need to do this on an armbian mainline distribution. I poweroff the board from command line (but keep the board powered), the PWR_LED keeps turn on and the board should wakeup when I turn on the signal on NMI_N and it does on my legacy distribution but not in armbian.

Both mainline u-boot and kernel do not support such functionality unless you implement it by yourself.

3 hours ago, Tido said:

What exact Kernel & Distribution were you using here ? 

copy the Link of: armbianmonitor -u

I'm using Armbian_5.41_Olimex-som-a20_Debian_stretch_next_4.14.40

i will post armbianmonitor -u later, need to fix something first but I can try attach armhwinfo.log if that helps

2 hours ago, zador.blood.stained said:

It is not powered off completely in this state, it is sitting in a standby mode in the legacy u-boot.

Both mainline u-boot and kernel do not support such functionality unless you implement it by yourself.

standby ok, but i was able to do it in legacy without implementing anything

35 minutes ago, PaulMorrison said:

i was able to do it in legacy without implementing anything

Yes, this is already implemented in the legacy/BSP stack. Since mainline u-boot and kernel were made from scratch rather than by porting the Allwinner code, this functionality and many other things were not added.

On 6/15/2018 at 4:35 PM, zador.blood.stained said:

Yes, this is already implemented in the legacy/BSP stack. Since mainline u-boot and kernel were made from scratch rather than by porting the Allwinner code, this functionality and many other things were not added.

This is what I was looking for, thanks. I really need to implement this for mainline, has anyone any clue, advice/tip ?

Any alternative to wake up from suspend/hibernate would be usefull as well

1 hour ago, PaulMorrison said:

I really need to implement this for mainline, has anyone any clue, advice/tip ?

You may want to look at the legacy stack implementation:

• when power_start != 1 kernel reboots instead of shutting down, so you have to modify or replace the poweroff hook
  • AXP209 PMIC "scratchpad" registers are used as a non-volatile storage to hold the suspend/wait for interrupts flag
  • u-boot checks the PMIC scratchpad to differentiate between normal boot, normal reboot and reboot to suspend