Cubietruck Nand install - nand is read only

Eystorhaf

Hey there,

I flashed the nand with phoenix tools and after that successfully installed Armbian from my sd to the nand.

Somehow I have no write access on the nand.

What do I need to do, to enable write access so I'm able to change config files etc.

Beste regards,

Eyst

Thanks for the quick reply:

here is the fstab:

# UNCONFIGURED FSTAB FOR BASE SYSTEM

tmpfs   /tmp                 tmpfs   nodev,nosuid,size=256M          0  0
/dev/nand2      /           ext4    defaults,noatime,nodiratime,data=writeback,commit=600,errors=remount-ro        0       0
/var/swap        none     swap  sw 0 0
/dev/nand1     /boot      vfat   defaults 0 0

Just experienced something very odd. After a reboot I had write access for about two minutes and now suddenly everything is read only again......

This is not a good sign ... possible hardware failure. Those NAND chips are low quality and slow. In any case is better to use SD card.

Here FSTAB configuration of my Cubietruck .

It does not start without the SD Card!

copy was performed using the script nand-sata-install.sh

/dev/nand2 / ext4 defaults,noatime,nodiratime,commit=600,errors=remount-ro 0 1
tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults,rw,nosuid 0 0
/var/swap none swap sw 0 0
/dev/nand1 /boot vfat   defaults 0 0

Hi,

There could be a problem with the boot blocks in your NAND. I wrote a program to load them to support boot from NAND.

The program URL is at https://github.com/phelum/CT_NandBoot. The compiled program (bootfix) will run on an A20 device. If you want to run it on another CPU (e.g. Intel PC) then you'll have to run make and compile a version for your CPU.

To update the boot blocks you have to connect via USB from your host machine to the OTG port on the target Cubietruck and put the CT in FEL mode. This is the same as required if you want to run Livesuit/Phoenixsuit.

bootfix updates the boot blocks but doesn't change the rest of the NAND. So if you've already loaded it (e.g. using nand-sata-install.sh) then the CT should boot automatically when done.

If there are any problems you should connect a monitor to the debug UART port and watch what happens.

Cheers,

Steven