Dual display VGA and HDMI for Tinker RK3288

borgA

Hello, and welcome to the forums.

First of all, a little clarification: "Linux 4" doesn't mean anything; if you want to give us the information about the kernel you are using, then give us the output of "uname -r". Or, even better, give us the complete information about your system, by running "sudo armbianmonitor -u", while connected to the Internet, and pasting here the resulting URL.

Now, about your question, the video you reference does not use HDMI+VGA, but HDMI+DSI dual displays. With Armbian, you can use any Raspberry-Pi DSI compatible screen, and attach it to the MIPI-DSI connector in your Tinker Board.

You will need the "Default" (4.4.y) kernel for this to work. It has been tested with the official RPi touchscreen, but it may also work with other screens claiming to be compatible, like for example this one.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply
We have VGA as a LVDS rgb output with dump-vga-bridge and vga-connector drivers activated from dts
Currently the HDMI is activated on vopb and LVDS/rgb on vopl
We need a way to maybe find /dev/dri/card0 and also /dev/dri/card1 in order to be able to open 2 xorg servers
Any ideas?
It can be done, see picture attached.

dual_screen_2.jpg

13 hours ago, borgA said:

See this video, it can be done :thumbup:

I'm still not completely clear on your goal, I've done 2 touchscreens at one time with the Tinker, one on DSI (RPi screen), and a Waveshare 7" HDMI.

Now, I won't pretend to know all of the I/O on the Tinker 100%, but where are you physically accessing the LVDS?

Hi,

We are actually using our own hardware but we are using tinker kernel

We are accessing the lvds on the lvds interface of the chip.

How did you manage it?

Is the HDMI activated on vopb and dsi on vopl ?

We need a way to have /dev/dri/card0 and also /dev/dri/card1 in order to be able to open 2 xorg servers

On 2/21/2019 at 6:11 AM, TonyMac32 said:

I'm still not completely clear on your goal, I've done 2 touchscreens at one time with the Tinker, one on DSI (RPi screen), and a Waveshare 7" HDMI.

Now, I won't pretend to know all of the I/O on the Tinker 100%, but where are you physically accessing the LVDS?

Hi Tony
Any updates on the dual display that you can help me with?
Thanks,