sata not recogniced using bananapro 5.07 image

I runned once again in same isssue. After compiling last image for bananapro and copying these to the sd card, the sata device not appears anymore. I changed the bananapro with the bananapi dtb file, but this doesn't help.

root@bananapipro:~# dpkg -l | grep next
ii  linux-dtb-next-sunxi               5.07                      armhf        Linux DTB, version 4.5.1-sunxi
ii  linux-firmware-image-next-sunxi    5.07                      armhf        Linux kernel firmware, version 4.5.1-sunxi
ii  linux-headers-next-sunxi           5.07                      armhf        Linux kernel headers for 4.5.1-sunxi on armhf
ii  linux-image-next-sunxi             5.07                      armhf        Linux kernel, version 4.5.1-sunxi
ii  linux-jessie-root-next-bananapipro 5.07                      armhf        Root file system tweaks for bananapipro
ii  linux-u-boot-bananapipro-next      5.07                      armhf        Uboot loader 2016.01
root@bananapipro:~# lsblk
NAME        MAJ:MIN RM  SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
mmcblk0     179:0    0 14.9G  0 disk
└─mmcblk0p1 179:1    0 14.9G  0 part /

root@bananapipro:~# dmesg | grep ata
[    0.000000] CPU: PIPT / VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT aliasing instruction cache
[    0.000000] Memory policy: Data cache writealloc
[    0.000000] Memory: 1007252K/1046952K available (9236K kernel code, 664K rwdata, 2164K rodata, 636K init, 308K bss, 23316K reserved, 16384K cma-reserved, 244136K highmem)
      .data : 0xc0bca000 - 0xc0c702a4   ( 665 kB)
[    3.258555] libata version 3.00 loaded.
[    3.591733] ahci-sunxi 1c18000.sata: PHY power up failed.
[    3.591812] ahci-sunxi: probe of 1c18000.sata failed with error -5
[    4.025162] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p1): mounted filesystem with writeback data mode. Opts: (null)
[    4.952900] systemd[1]: Starting Increase datagram queue length...
[    5.064922] systemd[1]: Started Increase datagram queue length.
[    6.644417] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p1): re-mounted. Opts: data=writeback,commit=600,errors=remount-ro

Do you know what to do? Ideas?

Thanks

There are problems with U-boot. We fix back to 2016.01 where gmac problems are not present, but I guess we have SATA problems. I think we need to enable this patch back on:

https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/blob/master/patch/u-boot/u-boot-next/bananapi-enable-ldo4.patch

or move to current dev branch, which could have some other hidden bugs.

There are problems with U-boot. We fix back to 2016.01 where gmac problems are not present, but I guess we have SATA problems. I think we need to enable this patch back on:

https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/blob/master/patch/u-boot/u-boot-next/bananapi-enable-ldo4.patch

or move to current dev branch, which could have some other hidden bugs.

Thanks Igor. Do you mean to insert the mentioned ldo4 patch inside /userpatches/u-boot/u-boot-next/ and compile again? I have done this right now, but SATA is still not recogniced. Some other patch or idea? (I didn't cleaned last compilation, but I think it's OK)

On my Banana Pro SATA works fine with the help of some userpatches. Take a look at the end of the thread http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/836-bananapro-wifi-armbian-5-kernel-tracebacks/. I have attached my userpatches there.

Banana Pro uses a different DTS file, which is not as well maintained as those for  the Banana Pi. Therefore, I have made a patch for sun7i-a20-bananapro.dts which this updated and solves some problems with the power supply.

Viele Gruesse

Axel

On my Banana Pro SATA works fine with the help of some userpatches. Take a look at the end of the thread http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/836-bananapro-wifi-armbian-5-kernel-tracebacks/. I have attached my userpatches there.

Banana Pro uses a different DTS file, which is not as well maintained as those for  the Banana Pi. Therefore, I have made a patch for sun7i-a20-bananapro.dts which this updated and solves some problems with the power supply.

Viele Gruesse

Axel

Axel, ich bin Dir sehr dankbar! This did the trick. SATA is recogniced again and the patch considered the LEDs using Armbian_5.07 and Bananapro 4.5.2. Du solltest über die patches Igor benachrichtigen. Now I have wlan! (which I didn't use, but anyhow...) Thank you very much again!. BTW, I have short questions that you maybe could answer:

- Do you have zram in use? if yes, how much and prio/swapiness?

- Do you have tweaked rc.local? Possible to share?

- Do you have tweaked sysctl.con?

(maybe paste and bin?)

Schöne Grüße

Solution: Use the offered userpatches from Axel in earlier post to get recogniced SATA in Banana Pro; compile with them.