Wifi is very slow and lagging

FPeter

Hi All!

I had the same problem with several different kind of wifi SoC-s on an R1 board, with different operating systems: wifi is slow and unreliable in AP mode. Both with integrated RTL8192CU, an external RTL8192EU, RT3570 and RT5370, various Atheros chipset based dongles - all of them is very slow. I had no any problem on single-eth BananaPi board, but i got less than 2mbit up/download speed on a 30mbit+ network...

I tried several OpenWrt versions (official 1,2,3 and latest trunk), now i tested Igor's ubuntu with the same result: slow and lagging

Do You have same experience? Or is it working fast? Any idea?

Best regards,

Peter

Hi All!

I had the same problem with several different kind of wifi SoC-s on an R1 board, with different operating systems: wifi is slow and unreliable in AP mode. Both with integrated RTL8192CU, an external RTL8192EU, RT3570 and RT5370, various Atheros chipset based dongles - all of them is very slow. I had no any problem on single-eth BananaPi board, but i got less than 2mbit up/download speed on a 30mbit+ network...

I tried several OpenWrt versions (official 1,2,3 and latest trunk), now i tested Igor's ubuntu with the same result: slow and lagging

Do You have same experience? Or is it working fast? Any idea?

Best regards,

Peter

Hi,

I have the same problem. If you have connected only one client, everything works lets say fine. But when you connect more clients, some of them are far, wifi totally hangs and is unusable. Tested OpenWRT too, kernel 3 and 4. Every system behave little bit different, but result is the same.