Low powered board with gpio working

technik007_cz

Maybe not very useful but banana pi M1 (I guess also other variants) is able to run on ac/battery.

You just have to find the specs of the board you are interested in and check if it has a power charger chip and connections for battery.

Or you can make a micro-usb connector for your battery and most of the boards will work.

Power consumption will depend on the board and -what- is installed. So less services running = more battery

I am trying Banana Pro now. I found root ssd drive connected in usb do not work. But I have been using power bank box with soldered wire to Banana Pro board. I tried plug root sata drive into power bank usb hole and yea it is working together. I found later on aliexpress powerbank for 18650 batteries with switch. So I will be able to easily power off Banana Pro and when I will not see power lights I can switch off safely root ssd drive.

sooperior wrote:

Maybe not very useful but banana pi M1 (I guess also other variants) is able to run on ac/battery.

I hope you don't try to run that board or in fact any board from AC, feed AC into these boards and you will see smoke for sure !

All these sort of boards do not have on-board AC to DC power supply built on the board, they all require a nice clean source of DC power.

technik007_cz, most ARM based boards are usually fairly efficient on power.

It will be peripheral devices that will account for the major increase in power consumption, things like a GPU or other video hardware.

Paul