odroid-xu4 buster emmc error and boot loop

cvan

Armbianmonitor:

Hi, forgive me if this has been answered. I've done my fair share of searching.

Booting from sdcard works perfectly,  but when I run "nand-sata-install" I get the following errors during the "cleanup" phase:

sed: can't read /mnt/nand-sata-install.OIQgMo/bootfs/boot/boot.cmd: No such file or directory
sed: can't read /mnt/nand-sata-install.OIQgMo/bootfs/boot/boot.cmd: No such file or directory
Error while creating U-Boot loader image with mkimage
grep: /mnt/nand-sata-install.OIQgMo/bootfs/boot/armbianEnv.txt: No such file or directory

Even I though I run "update emmc special partition" successfully, the odroid appears to end up in a boot loop afterwards.

I don't have a serial cable, but I can see the ethernet link light coming on for a short time, then off again, followed by the sata drives spinning up and down.

Any ideas?

• cvan changed the title to odroid-xu4 buster emmc error and boot loop
On 8/4/2019 at 8:33 PM, Igor said:

I did a test and it works normally ... but it throws those errors ... which we should suppress. Hardkernel uses boot.ini and not boot.cmd

Glad to know it works....I must be missing something. I've added the url for armbianmonitor.

Thanks for replying!

3 hours ago, cvan said:

I must be missing something. I've added the url for armbianmonitor.

Nothing obvious is wrong in the logs. When you are done with this install to eMMC ... you do switch to eMMC boot? Can you try booting without external HDD perhaps?