Tablets q8(a13,a23,a33) support??

Hello everyone, I wanted to propose that the q8 tablets be included in the compilation script, I have several q8 tablets, at the beginning I used my own rootfs, but armbian is fantastic !! counting the modifications I make to the armbian rootfs I think it would be easy, in the firmware repository you already have the majority of hardware such as 8723 and other Wi-Fi chips, with respect to the uboot the templates that already incorporate the main repository work almost perfectly, no I know, could I help, I have the components, the dtb and the compiled uboot, how do you see it? Greetings

now i have armbian working on my tab (et-86-v2g-v1.8)

armbian image from cubieboard 2 and allwinner a33 u-boot

for video you should compile kernel your self from source with sunxi_defconfig

and for usb in /arch/arm/boot/dtbs/...

you should change otg dr_mod to host (dr_mod=host)

sorry because of my English I'm not native

(dtb : sun8i-a33-q8-tablet.dtb)

On 9/24/2019 at 1:12 AM, PietreLinux said:

can you help me with the image of armbian on this tablet? i have 2 tables but the android version to low to do anything. i want to do something with these table.

On 9/24/2019 at 1:07 AM, PietreLinux said:

Hello everyone, I wanted to propose that the q8 tablets be included in the compilation script, I have several q8 tablets, at the beginning I used my own rootfs, but armbian is fantastic !! counting the modifications I make to the armbian rootfs I think it would be easy, in the firmware repository you already have the majority of hardware such as 8723 and other Wi-Fi chips, with respect to the uboot the templates that already incorporate the main repository work almost perfectly, no I know, could I help, I have the components, the dtb and the compiled uboot, how do you see it? Greetings

Hi @PietreLinux, hope you are doing well.

I have a "similar" Q8 A33 tablet which was set up with mainline u-boot/kernel and a Debian rootfs.

I have been facing a USB issue for a looong time already. More specifically, while working perfectly within u-boot, my USB OTG refuses to work when the kernel boots up. It's simply not powered.

I was wondering whether you have met this problem when building Linux for your Q8? If yes, could you please share the graceful solution to it?

I've met people online facing the same USB OTG issue in kernel, but no adequate solution whatsoever.

As a side note: I've been configuring my kernel as host/otg compatible, as well as I've been configuring the .dtb in both ways (host/otg), no configuration seems to work though 😕

I hope you can see this message, because I'm running out of options :D

Best regards!