1 1
Viald

Boot from SSD with N2

The module is there in the official build with the bsp 4.9 kernel

If its missing from @balbes150 build then you can clone his repo from https://github.com/150balbes/Build-Armbian and build an image from that. When asked if you want to modify the kernel config, choose yes. When you get to the kernel config screen choose to build uas into the kernel (CONFIG_USB_UAS)

If you struggle I can provide detailed instructions tomorrow

I succeed in building a new kernel with UAS driver. I have an issue when I want to install the .deb package.  The same issue when I do 'apt upgrade' with a new kernel release available.

Preparing to unpack .../linux-image-aml-g12_5.98_arm64.deb ...
Unpacking linux-image-aml-g12 (5.98) over (5.98) ..........................................................................................................................................................................................] 
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/linux-image-aml-g12_5.98_arm64.deb (--unpack):
 unable to make backup link of './boot/System.map-5.3.0-aml-g12' before installing new version: Operation not permitted
dpkg-deb: error: paste subprocess was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
mv: cannot stat '/boot/vmlinuz-5.3.0-aml-g12': No such file or directory...................................................................................................................................................................] 
Preparing to unpack .../nodejs_12.11.1-1nodesource1_arm64.deb ...
Detected old npm client, removing...#########################..............................................................................................................................................................................] 
Unpacking nodejs (12.11.1-1nodesource1) over (12.10.0-1nodesource1) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:##################################................................................................................................................................................................] 
 /var/cache/apt/archives/linux-image-aml-g12_5.98_arm64.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

39 minutes ago, Viald said:

Perhaps you plan to add UAS driver in your next release ?

This requires additional verification, I have observed USB issues several times when enabling this option.

@qstaq Done

Port 2: Dev 3, If 0, Class=Mass Storage, Driver=uas, 5000M

@balbes150 I will keep you informed if I have any issue with UAS driver.