Orange Pi Zero High Temperature

Muhammed Eminoglu

Wow - that is hot. Do you have a heat sink on that? Mine is also in the case running OpenVPN and is reporting 50°C. A Orange Pi R1 (that is very similar to the Zero) is sitting at my desk without case is reporting 34°C with a little heat sink.

An Orange Pi One built into a dummy camera case is running at 27°C (with 5°C ambiant temperature and a medium sized heat sink) running Pi-Hole and motion.

Is there a way to give the while loop some miliseconds sleep? That might help to keep things a bit cooler.

7 hours ago, Lutz Fechner said:

Mine is also in the case running OpenVPN and is reporting 50°C.

A Orange Pi R1 (that is very similar to the Zero) is sitting at my desk without case is reporting 34°C with a little heat sink.

An Orange Pi One built into a dummy camera case is running at 27°C (with 5°C ambiant temperature

The problem with the OPi Zero is that the temperature read-out is VERY wrong/bad :(

The Zero isnt running really that hot :)

My Zero in the original black case is running idle with the wrong read-out at 69°C

___  ____  _   _____
 / _ \|  _ \(_) |__  /___ _ __ ___
| | | | |_) | |   / // _ \ '__/ _ \
| |_| |  __/| |  / /|  __/ | | (_) |
 \___/|_|   |_| /____\___|_|  \___/

Welcome to Debian Buster with Armbian Linux 5.3.9-sunxi
package bsp-kernel[5.99.191113] u-boot[5.91] dtb[5.99.191113] firmware[5.98] config[5.98]
branch[dev]

System load:   0.17 0.06 0.01   Up time:       31 min
Memory usage:  14 % of 491MB    IP:            192.168.6.99
CPU temp:      69°C
Usage of /:    17% of 7.2G

It is correct that the R1 and the One running MUCH coooler (like the PC and PC2)

There the temperature read-out is - out of my sight - correct :)

So the R1 is better than the Zero - but lacks video-ouput.

As Lutz did wrote give your loop a short/long sleep (0.5sec/500ms) could help much ;)