Bananapro network problem

andpas

Hello,

I've been working with my Banana Pro since years with Bananian.

Last days I formatted the SD and installed Armbian (debian), to be used in headless mode.

Installation and system setup worked as expected, I modified eth0 setup for static IP and it went fine after reboot.

A strange problem appeared when I installed transmission-daemon, minidlna and samba packages.

All working fine before reboot, but thereafter any network interface is disappeared, network-manager can't execute fine, remains running for several seconds then something crashes.

If I configure eth0 manually network works, so no hardware problem.

I'm sure the board works fine, Bananian is still fine...

What could I try?

Thanks

Andrea

2 hours ago, andpas said:

What could I try?

A20 boards have matured supported and its hard to understand why this is not working for you. Even network interfaces on Banana had some issues in the past which could resurface by some wrong configuration ...  

Without logs nobody knows what you are actually using and doing. It is very important to see which version of kernel and u-boot you are using (to help you and to fix the problem if it exists) and if that kernel has been upgraded. 

2 hours ago, andpas said:

If I configure eth0 manually network works, so no hardware problem.

This also means its not Armbian problem - we are covering low level functions. We can't and not even try to fix bugs in user land. That's your problem - talk with its authors (Network manager or whatever application you are trying to use).