New OrangePI PC+ spotted

jock

Hello guys, apparently there is a new product in the orangepi lineup.

It is the PC+ (PC Plus), which has 8gb EMMC and a Wifi chip onboard.

The rest of the features seems to be the same as the plain OrangePI PC.

The new SBC can't be found on the orangepi official site, but it is available on aliexpress:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Orange-Pi-PC-Plus-ubuntu-linux-and-android-mini-PC-Beyond-Raspberry-Pi-2/1553371_32668618847.html

The WiFi is the same as on Lite and Plus 2E (RTL8189FTV -- currently not working for yet unknown reasons), also a FEL button is missing (which makes it somewhat hard for developers to play FEL booting), the eMMC is populated with an Android install (same on OPi Plus 2E) but otherwise the PC Plus seems to be identical to OPi PC (DRAM settings differ slightly -- time to test this out)

Hello guys, apparently there is a new product in the orangepi lineup.

It is the PC+ (PC Plus), which has 8gb EMMC and a Wifi chip onboard.

The rest of the features seems to be the same as the plain OrangePI PC.

For an extra $5 bucks WIFI (with big antenna) and 8gb of storage it seems a No Brain-er better deal than the $15 Orange Pi PC.

I am absolutely delighted with my Orange Pi One running Openelec Kodi and Armbian 5.10. These are fun and great value boards. The PC+ will certainly be the next one I get.

For an extra $5 bucks WIFI (with big antenna) and 8gb of storage it seems a No Brain-er better deal than the $15 Orange Pi PC.

At the moment WiFi isn't working at all (see thread here in H3 forum) and different people have different needs. Using a small crap SD card or SPI flash you could easily set up NFS booting and save the $5 for eMMC.

But I see the requirement to provide instructions/script to be able to use the small eMMC as present on several sunxi boards now to be used together with a larger SD card in a way that the bootloader remains on the SD card (higher boot priority if present), rootfs will be on eMMC (makes sense since eMMC as used on the boards is way faster than SD cards, especially if we're talking about random IO) and the storage on SD card can be used for not that important data.