Armbian for TV Box TXZ_A 20_V0. 9 + image for PhoenixCard

armbianuser

On this forum I read that for my device TXZ_A 20_V0.9 (Allwinner A20) are suitable firmware that are designed for CubieBoard2, I downloaded http://dl.cubieboard.org/software/a20-cubieboard/debian/nand/debian-nand.img.gz, recorded the image to the SD card using PhoenixCard. I inserted SD card in my device and the firmware was successfully installed and works fine on my device. 

I wanted to install Arabian for Cubieboard2 on my device, but the image https://dl.armbian.com/cubieboard2/Buster_current is not compatible with PhoenixCard (PhoenixCard gives an error message " Script NOT found! Please use new version image!").

Only images designed for PhoenixCard work for my device. If you try to write images that are incompatible with PheonixCard to the SD card via other programs (for example, Win32DiskImager), but the installation does not occur. 

I found that images differ in structure. That's the difference:

Compatible.PNG.317472066a9acbf1a64582f23487ad49.PNG

Image which is not compatible with PheonixCard

Incompatible.PNG.25c6890a1361872397f56b35d5f92897.PNG

How to adjust an Armbian image to be compatible with PhoenixCard? Thank you.

1 hour ago, armbianuser said:

How to adjust an Armbian image to be compatible with PhoenixCard? Thank you.

You don't need to configure compatibility, just take a working u-boot from the SD card and add it to the SD card with Armbian (while saving the partition table on The armbian Sd card). You may need to add the correct variables to u-boot to run Armbian.

1 hour ago, balbes150 said:

You don't need to configure compatibility, just take a working u-boot from the SD card and add it to the SD card with Armbian (while saving the partition table on The armbian Sd card). You may need to add the correct variables to u-boot to run Armbian.

Can you provide a link to the detailed guide? I'm not sure I know exactly what to do. Thanks.

• Werner locked this topic