Install on S905 (Venz V10, P211 1G/8G)

Calia

Hello everyone,

For the past days i've been trying to install Armbian on my S905 box.

I've been able to backup the system with TWRP through a microSD card.

I've installed Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.037_Aml-s9xxx_buster_current_5.5.0-rc6_desktop_20200205 on the SD card and have been trying ever since to find the right DTB file to boot with.

Searching the forums (and coreelec/libreelec forums) it seems that some of these boxes come with a S905 or S905x SOC, but none of the DTB files i've tried result in anything else than a black screen on boot.

Am i doing something really wrong here? Is it perhaps possible to extract a DTB file for this particular SOC from the android installation the box came with (because any installation on ARM would need that data somewhere).

When i boot into android recovery it says: Amlogic/p211/p211, is that a S905 or S905x?

On 4/19/2020 at 12:34 AM, Calia said:

I've been able to backup the system with TWRP through a microSD card.

This copy doesn't make sense, and it won't help you recover after running the installation procedure in eMMC.

On 4/19/2020 at 12:34 AM, Calia said:

When i boot into android recovery it says: Amlogic/p211/p211, is that a S905 or S905x?

p211 -> s905x

1 hour ago, balbes150 said:

This copy doesn't make sense, and it won't help you recover after running the installation procedure in eMMC.

p211 -> s905x

I've copied all partitions (including boot, eMMC, etc.) to an SD Card to be able to put all that data back in case i f*ck up the entire system.

I'll try again to use a dtb file for the s905x and let you know how that works out.

• Werner locked this topic