orange pi from start

rsegoly

Hi

I am experienced with Raspberry Pi and UBUNTU

I bought now several Orange Pi to use in IOT project (can't find Raspberry Zero)

So my questions are basic regarding the board 

I have downloaded Lubuntu image form here

Put on SD card and tried to boot

I get steady leds on network port (did connect any cable)

I get steady Red led on board

But nothing happen on HDMI display

I tried other images but then no Red led and also nothing happen

While searching I saw the Red led means image is recognized, but still......

Anyone?

How much time you wait for HDMI output? OrangePi-s, unless older Allwinner based boards, doesn't output anything from HDMI at first, when they booting. I guess this is the part before kernel start. You have to wait at lest a minute (strangely, but this time depends on SD card capacity for me) and green led have to blink. I am not tested this on latest pre-build image for Pi One, but all my compiled images works that way, only there where a bug with leds in previous versions, that is fixed in latest 5.14 image i tried.

I tried before http://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-one/server but I got no indication on board (if I understand correctly Red led means image is recognized)

I use regular power supply which has dial

It has 4.5 V and 6

I used 4.5

I connected now to regular USB cable and I get flickering snow on my HDMI display and then all black

None of those voltages are fine with the boards. The board may run, but USB devices and HDMI devices won't work as long as they receive the proper voltage directly from the source.

Also cheap power supplies with selectable output voltage usually have very little output amperage (200mA if you're lucky. These boards require 2000mA to work reliably with some USB devices attached)