1 1
Rajesh

Tanix TX6 DTB file variants

There are several variant of Tanix TX6 models listed here https://linux-sunxi.org/Tanix_TX6 and they mostly differ in RAM and eMMC sizes. There is reference to single dtb file there sun50i-h6-tanix-tx6.dtb for all these models. 

Will this dtb file work with all the models with the Single Armbian Image for RK+AML+AW (aarch64 ARMv8)? If not what changes would be needed in dtb files for these models?

Thanks

Rajesh

I can say that for my model (TX6a) dtb files from Armbian and LibreElec are probably not working correctly: sound doesn't work (it's buggy even on stock firmware) and HDMI can't identify correct resolution.

1 hour ago, Zoom said:

I can say that for my model (TX6a) dtb files from Armbian and LibreElec are probably not working correctly: sound doesn't work (it's buggy even on stock firmware) and HDMI can't identify correct resolution.

TX6a is I believe 4 GM RAM / 32 GB eMMC. Well if you are able to boot and bring up the OS then it could be something else and not the DTB file.

This is the dts file from @jernej https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/arch/arm64/boot/dts/allwinner/sun50i-h6-tanix-tx6.dts You can convert it to dtb and give it a try. If you have issues with your stock firmware also then it might be something to do with the box. 

--R

12 hours ago, Rajesh said:

If you have issues with your stock firmware also then it might be something to do with the box. 

--R

It may be, but it seems it's not a problem specific to my device. I found a few posts over freaktab and 4pda forums, as well as YT which state sound issues with the stock firmware. No specifics on model version there, though.

@jernej I tried to dump the dtb from the recovery partition of the box with extract-dtb, but I'm not sure it was extracted correctly. I can send you the .img of the partition, is it ok?