Allwinner H3

Raul Ap

Hello Guys, I bought this box 2 years ago and practicaly never used. After home cleaning found it and fought "if it run Android, it can run any Linux".

I alredy have RBpi B3+ and with this TV Box now I could have a small open source data center and practice with ngnx, MariaDB, Postgree, MySQL, NodeJS, PHP, Python etc.

8815702.1.jpg

After research I found this web, and liked Armbian idea.

Issues:

1. This box looks identical to MXQ-4K, however the image did not work. When I opened it, the procesor was Allwinner H3, PCB is AK-H3-MXQ4K-V1.1

(https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/GUANZHI_Android_TV_BOX_H3)

2. I have many SD/microSD (brand and non brand), however only Lexmark 8Gb SD worked, even same brand but with 16Gb did not worked.

3. I try many armbian images for Allwinner H2/H3, but only worked Orange pi PC image

4. WiFi does not work, it is XR819 chip. It is not important at this stage, since LAN work

5. Not possible to copy and boot from internal NAND/eMMC, only from SD card

Everything else looks to be OK (LAN, HDMI, USBs)

If some body can advise how to copy armbian to internal flash, will be good, since armbian-config does not show option. I guess there is some copy block and need to use UART port.

Regards,

Edited by Raul Ap
image insert

On 8/11/2020 at 9:32 AM, Raul Ap said:

If some body can advise how to copy armbian to internal flash, will be good, since armbian-config does not show option. I guess there is some copy block and need to use UART port.

The flash part is NAND, not eMMC - probably out of scope due to the effort needed to bring this up to a good solution.

If you can run on SDIO, you're probably good to go - the OPi H3 image is a good starting place.

• Werner locked this topic