Can't get started on how to interpret some confusing instructions to config and boot.

Mr Finch

I have an Amlogic s912 box, been trying to follow @balbes150 directions but it al gets confused.
(from here

First I tried to install an old version until I found out config. method was changed, so I downloaded a newer version. (current Debian and Ubuntu "desktop" based images)
I burn them on sdcard, but there's no file "u-boot.ext" to rename.

And now I have just read I need to burn both things on separate processes... It's quite confusing and misleading.

It would be great if instruections were completely reworked and reordered so not to induce others on error. I'm techa savvy, I've done some programming, I own servers running Linux, I have installe almost anything on any machine, made serious electronics modding, is not that I'm a genious, I just follow instructions mostly but in this case is quite scrambled and confusing.

I think instructions for Amlogic should be on a section (of the message) without anything else from another brand/chip in the middle, nor old+new instructions mixed, etc....

Sorry to bother, I know I'm new here, but one thing I have been sadly finding in the last 20 years is that instructions, tutorials, guidelines, etc... are getting more and more confusing, scrambled and on some cases a complete lack of.

(I do this here because I have also found the corresponding threads apprear closed for further comments and can't ask for directives or give recommendations there.

Thanks a lot.

Burned the boot image (as per instructions on @balbes150 thread) on the SDCard and still mentioned file/s to rename are not there. (u-boot-xxx)
And also on the extlinux.conf, there's no reference to amlogic, only RKxxxx and H6.

So there's a lot of named stuff missing.