ause

Spec:

ro.product.model=R3300-M
ro.product.brand=BesTV

SOC:S905M-B

WIFI:RT8189ETV

EMMC:4GB

RAM:1GB

2 USB(1 microusb port) and 1 TF card slot.

100433baql8j6lmq30sk6w.png

100433odozj0uusadfxu1d.png

Currently I'm running almost every thing is fine except that docker failed to run properly due to the old kernel version. I tried Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.9.0.img from https://users.armbian.com/balbes150/arm-64/ with meson-gxbb-p200.dtb and meson-gxbb-p201.dtb but failed to boot (no error message,just boot into recovery or android system),and I'm curious about the absent of  gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb (and a lot of other dtb files!)  .  u-boot-s905 has been renamed to u-boot.ext and proper modification has been made to extlinux.conf. What should I supposed to do next ?

I extract dtb file from box and converted to dts file so I just paste it here:

Please read: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/16407-please-read-first

What you are currently running is a vendor kernel - i.e. a heavily patched kernel that isn't maintained.  The builds you are trying to use are mainline kernel based.  Because of lack of vendor support, the mainline kernels while maintained and supported are often missing functionality that existed in the vendor kernels.  Add to that the vendor kernels were written to run android not general purpose linux.  The last comment I would make is that because the mainline kernels are distinct from the vendor kernels, the dtbs are not compatible across them as a lot has changed between 3.14 kernel days and 5.10 kernel days.

04.02.2021 в 15:56, SteeMan сказал:

Please read: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/16407-please-read-first

What you are currently running is a vendor kernel - i.e. a heavily patched kernel that isn't maintained.  The builds you are trying to use are mainline kernel based.  Because of lack of vendor support, the mainline kernels while maintained and supported are often missing functionality that existed in the vendor kernels.  Add to that the vendor kernels were written to run android not general purpose linux.  The last comment I would make is that because the mainline kernels are distinct from the vendor kernels, the dtbs are not compatible across them as a lot has changed between 3.14 kernel days and 5.10 kernel days.

As for latest releases like Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_focal_current_5.9.0.img , it simply does not boot at all and either boot into Andriod or Recovery .

Hopefully (not really) any suggestions ?

Finally I boot Armbian20.10 successfully ,it turns out that the bootloader in the stock firmware is too old to boot later Armbian releases . All frustration suddenly disappeared after I flashed a custom Android ROM(it has uboot inside) and Armbian20.10 boots without any isssue . Currently I'm seeking to compile RTL8189ETV driver so I could use WIFI. Topic closed and thanks for your help.