How to change the boot order?

zhuceluntan

@balbes150The original topic.

I just use Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_buster_current_5.9.0.img.xz and find out that I cannot boot from USB anymore after installing the Armbian into EMMC. My device is phicomm-n1, and my steps were:

1. Edit /extlinux/extlinux.conf

2. Rename u-boot-s905x-s912 to u-boot.ext

3. ./install-aml.sh

Now the EMMC is at the highest priority.

However, the USB was always the highest when using previously published images such as Armbian_20.06.0_Arm-64_buster_current_5.7.2_20200619.img.xz

What could I do to make it boot from USB first?

Thank you.

@zhuceluntan Please read the following FAQ post: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/16976-status-of-armbian-on-tv-boxes-please-read-first

As is indicated there balbes is no longer involved in supporting Amlogic s905x cpu based boxes. 

Please do not direct posts directly to a specific user as that is a bad practice.  That sends the message the you are expecting a specific volunteer to provide you support and that runs counter to the Armbian community support model.  Volunteers help the project in the ways they can, and may use their time to answer the posts they feel they have time to.  Obviously if you are engaged in a conversation with a specific person in a thread it is fine to tag them, but to log a new post tagged to a specific person is not good form.

3 hours ago, SteeMan said:

@zhuceluntan Please read the following FAQ post: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/16976-status-of-armbian-on-tv-boxes-please-read-first

As is indicated there balbes is no longer involved in supporting Amlogic s905x cpu based boxes. 

Please do not direct posts directly to a specific user as that is a bad practice.  That sends the message the you are expecting a specific volunteer to provide you support and that runs counter to the Armbian community support model.  Volunteers help the project in the ways they can, and may use their time to answer the posts they feel they have time to.  Obviously if you are engaged in a conversation with a specific person in a thread it is fine to tag them, but to log a new post tagged to a specific person is not good form.

Thank you for the knowledge. I will pay attention from now on.