X96 MINI not boot.

kokosz887

Hello

I have a TV BOX X96 MINI (S905W 2/16GB). I prepared the SD card thanks to the image: Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_focal_current_5.9.0_desktop.img.xz and also:

- changed the name of the corresponding u-boot-s905x-s912 file to uboot.ext

- I edited the extlinux.conf file, below is an excerpt about the S905W processor:

# aml s9xxx
FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905w-p281.dtb
#FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb
#FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxm-q200.dtb
#FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-g12a-x96-max.dtb
#FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-g12b-odroid-n2.dtb
APPEND root = LABEL = ROOTFS rootflags = data = writeback rw console = ttyAML0,115200n8 console = tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank = 0 fsck.fix = yes fsck.repair = yes net.ifnames = 0

Unfortunately, when I try to launch ARMBIAN with a toothpick, the screen shown in the picture below appears. Then after a while the signal disappears and nothing happens.

6d91dbb48ff71837.jpg

After reboot, the same happens from the beginning.

I even replaced the .dtb file with the one from the thread below, but that didn't help either.

Can someone please help me?

Edited by kokosz887

Hi! 

This screen says your board is booting properly. 

See? The U-Boot starts, finds your extlinux.conf file and starts the kernel as well 

If the screen blanks after a while, it's probably a HDMI fault. Try to connect your box to a serial console via UART (open the case, and you'll find the pins) 

To do this, you'll need a Serial to USB converter (such as CH340 or FT232. Both cheap as heck) 

You'll notice that the boot continues from there. 

If so, you'll need extra configuration to your HDMI inside your extlinux.conf file. 

Try the serial and send us the terminal output. We're here to help!

Good luck!