Cubietruck - Screen black after a while

kinske

Hi,

I installed the latest cubietruck image with kernel 3.4 and xfce4 like described in the FAQ. Everything works fine so far, except that the screen goes black after 30 minutes of inactivity or so and doesn't come back by pressing a key or moving mouse. It seems like a screen suspend or so and the monitor doesn't get any signal. I haven't installed any powermanager and Cubietruck is still running and everything is accessable via ssh, even x11. After reboot screen is working again till theres the above described inactivity.

/var/log/syslog has only this message I don't understand:  localhost rsyslogd-2007: action 'action 17' suspended, next retry is Tue Aug 18 12:17:31 2015 [try http://www.rsyslog.com/e/2007]

Any ideas?

power savings doesn't work properly, solution is to add this to /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Monitor0"
        Option          "DPMS" "false"
EndSection
Section "ServerFlags"
    Option         "BlankTime" "0"
    Option         "StandbyTime" "0"
    Option         "SuspendTime" "0"
    Option         "OffTime" "0"
EndSection 

Searched from root directory via find -name and didn't find it. I have put your workaround in /etc/X11/Xwrapper.conf - maybe this works (I'm not that familiar with X11 stuff, but read in the ubuntu manual that you can do settings there), I will tell you.

Edit: Does not work - Xwrapper.conf is for user permission settings

@Isotop7 light-locker sadly doesn't work - I get no link in the Applications Menu and when I start it via terminal it does not open with no error message (also not in syslog)

Searched from root directory via find -name and didn't find it. I have put your workaround in /etc/X11/Xwrapper.conf - maybe this works (I'm not that familiar with X11 stuff, but read in the ubuntu manual that you can do settings there), I will tell you.

Edit: Does not work - Xwrapper.conf is for user permission settings

@Isotop7 light-locker sadly doesn't work - I get no link in the Applications Menu and when I start it via terminal it does not open with no error message (also not in syslog)

But Lightlocker is installed, right? (dpkg -l | grep light)

My xorg.conf is located in /etc/X11/xorg.conf and i used igor's desktop image.

I installed light-locker package manually, its Version 1.4.0-2+b1. I noticed that trying to start it with sudo

throws an error, you can see it below (while starting it without sudo it does nothing).

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4084/rwsqfnby_png.htm

I installed Igors Debian Jessi image with Kernel 3.4 and no desktop. I installed xfce4 manually afterwards. Maybe I was missing something?

I installed light-locker package manually, its Version 1.4.0-2+b1. I noticed that trying to start it with sudo

throws an error, you can see it below (while starting it without sudo it does nothing).

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4084/rwsqfnby_png.htm

I installed Igors Debian Jessi image with Kernel 3.4 and no desktop. I installed xfce4 manually afterwards. Maybe I was missing something?

I believe light-locker itself is a service and should be startet via dbus. You should be able to access via whisker menu or running light-locker-settings.

I installed Igors Debian Jessi image with Kernel 3.4 and no desktop.

I did so too and did a

apt-get -y install xorg lightdm xfce4 tango-icon-theme gnome-icon-theme

following the documentation on armbian.com. Then I edited /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf this way:

xserver-command=X -s 0 -dpms

=> no more screen blanking.

HTH