Armbian Bullseye - Unbound cannot read some files

Dysmas

This message is on-topic, but for an unknown reason, it is not possible for me to create a message in Help wanted. So I post here.

I have used Armbian for two years, I think, on several devices, and I have given some money to support it. Thanks for the job.

I recently upgraded to the last version  with Debian 11. Everything fine but one point which is probably not a bug, that's why I don't post in "bugs".

I use Unbound which is the heart of my soft. And I use a python script which is loaded by Unbound. Until now, there was no problem. With the last version, I ran in several read problems. The first reason I found is apparmor, which prevented the script to open a module in /usr/local/lib. I removed apparmor and this solved this problem and another one. But when the scripts must open (read) /home/rock64/unbound.conf, I get a permission denied, even if the file and the directory has 777 permission. I made a lot of tests. I can read the file if copied on some directories, and not in others. I don't understand the logic. I suppose there is another program like apparmor, but I cannot find it.

What can prevent Unbound from reading a 777 file ?

Thanks if you have an idea.

Well, what you are describing sounds like user space / software issues, which has not to do with Armbian which is a build script and handle some low level things like boot loaders, kernel, etc.  So I moved to P2P.

It sounds like you are proceeding in a reasonable fashion.  Permissions, etc...

Maybe ask at Unbound forums (or mailing list?), assuming such place exists.  IRC maybe?

I understand, you may not have the answer. I was just wondering if someone could know the existence in the software loaded in this image of something new which could interfere, like apparmor. Thank you anyway for the answer. I have not found the real reason, but I have been able to solve the problem by moving some files. You can close or delete the topic.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.