Need wifi driver for a Mecool M8S Pro L

Lokin

I am in desperate need of the WiFi driver for my Mecool M8S Pro L Android TV box. I would like to use it as a Linux computer because of how powerful the Amlogic S912 chip is, but with every Armbian image I find, I can't get the WiFi to work. Please help.

Thanks you for your support.

Your issue is more likely that the dtb file you are using isn't correctly identifiing the wifi hardware that is in your box.  Without a correct dtb file for your box, the driver won't do you any good.  You need both as the dtb is the mapping between the hardware and the software of the driver.

The short answer to your question is that there isn't a dtb file for your box for mainline armbian linux kernels.  The box manufacturers don't put any effort into supporting mainline linux and since there are hundreds of unique hardware boxes out there, the best you generally can do is use a reference dtb that is close to your boxes hardware.  For example you say you are using the gxm-q201.dtb.  That q201 is the reference board made by amlogic to be used as a template for box manufacturers to base their designs off of.  TV boxes are a price sensitive commodity, so each manufacturer is looking for the lowest cost components so the final box manufacturered will differ from the reference in order to cut costs.  And using generic wifi chips is one of the areas they cut costs.  These generic chips generally have no mainline linux support and the box has no correct mainline dtb file.  This is why the FAQ explicitly says not to expect to ever get wifi working,  If you can't use a wired ethernet connection, you are recommended to get a cheap linux supported usb wifi adapter.  If you have searched the forum archives an no one has reported getting wifi working on your specific box, it most likely isn't going to happen (unless you have some very specific developer skills to do the work yourself).