Alternatives / Replacements for Helios4?

paulhart

Hi All,

I'm a happy user of a Helios4, and have been for several years now. However, at some point it will be challenging to continue to support it, and I'd rather be proactive about maintaining access to my data than scrambling around.

Do people here have recommendations on current hardware that can replace the Helios4? It would need to meet the baseline hardware requirements of the existing hardware. Bonus points if one can re-use the laser-cut case :)

Thanks!

I bought this thing https://wiki.radxa.com/Penta_SATA_HAT

In combination with a Rock4a as a replacement for my Helios4. I have yet to complete the setup but initial testing was positive. Note that you need to order the heat sink for Rock4a as well in order to mount it properly. Looks pretty solid. Plugs into the M.2 PCI Express slot of the main board, so at least in theory it should offer decent speed. Can be powered by 12V power supply or ATX power supply. The hat provides power to the main board as well. 

PXL_20230713_213022766.jpg