rockpro64 jammy 22.05 emmc boot

Anthemion

I am able to boot and install with an sd card, but am unable to get through first boot with the image on an emmc card.

The failure on the emmc card is between /scripts/local-premount and /scripts/local-block

it fails with

gave up waiting for root file system device
alert! UUID=ed78b... does not exist. dropping to shell!

and I am at a busybox shell in (intramfs)

I was wondering if booting from the emmc card was expected to work, or if anyone could remember what needs to be tweaked for the kernel to find the root filesystem on the emmc card.

Cheers

According to Armbian documentation only kernel 4.4 has support for emmc, actually tried and seems true, I had settled with Jammy on 5.18 since it has been working flawlessly on my machine and video has been better then ever, but 5.18 is not supported for emmc, so wanted to make it a permanent shift, are you guys planning to give any of your new Kernels for the rp64 emmc support? would be very much appreciated, at least on one of the stable builds?

I too encounter the error on my Pinebook Pro when attempting to run Armbian / on eMMC (/boot files on SD card). The machine locks after this screen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4x7u5si8ifmw9en/Armbian_UUID_Does_Not_Exist.jpg?dl=0

Also, even though Armbian will boot off an SD card exclusively, it will not boot when eMMC is disabled (via hardware switch on the PBP). This indicates that the U-boot on the SD card image does not work.

After flashing PCM720's U-boot files to the SD card, the SD card WILL boot with my eMMC memory disabled but still encounters the above initramfs error (can't find UUID).

When run from the SD card (/boot and / files on SD card), Armbian works with both my eMMC and NVMe memory so memory support is obviously in the kernel.

Edited by calinb