Tencent box Aurora 5 Pro with rk3588s

Tried to flash it with common Rockchip Box technique with no luck (tried some roms from Armbian, firefly, and some OpenWRT method ... refer Fig. 1.5, 1.6).

Anyone who can give some pointer will be much appreciate.

Known techniques:
- enter recovery mode = plug in the HDMI, use screw driver to poke the inner "hidden button" in audio jack, and plug power - working

- another way of getting into the recovery mode = using the command "adb reboot recovery" from either network or USB type C - not able to flash

- enter bootloader mode = using the command "adb reboot bootloader" from either network or USB type C - don't know how this work

- enter mask rom mode =  plugin the HDMI, use screw driver to poke the inner "hidden button" in audio jack, and plug USB mal-to-male cable to PC - not working

- another way, is only accesible via old fashion tty usb through the TX, RX, GND pins (top right of Fig 1.3.), need to open up the box and do some soldering, to directly read and command from the system.

References:

- Figure 1.1.

AL9nZEWF9uxoE0dDQo0Zy64fnH38Kbe6pmScKnKE

- Figure 1.2.

AL9nZEWIN8IvGsdcpjwCw1x8Tk7DZr7RuAT8Bljp

- Figure 1.3. 

AL9nZEWGXDiH981mROj2Q2sBOsgNYotXpCzZNmx7

- Figure 1.4.

AL9nZEUS1gJ5AhAj1ndjgrcGJfg7tpw9EcVjhBfk

- Figure 1.5. official rockchip Wiki: https://opensource.rock-chips.com/wiki_Boot_option

- Figure 1.6. OpenWrt Wiki: https://wiki.friendlyelec.com/wiki/index.php/NanoPi_R6S

What are you trying to accomplish?  Are you looking for help porting Armbian to support this device?  I ask because TV Boxes are not supported by Armbian (see https://forum.armbian.com/topic/16976-status-of-armbian-on-tv-boxes-please-read-first)  and the RK3588 cpu is a very new chip that is only partially working on mainline linux currently.  While there are people working on base support for the CPU, the significant additional work to support a specific box (with all its specific hardware) would still need to be done.

You can try using the TVBox image of OrangePi 5B. The Tencent Aurora Box 5Pro can successfully enter the desktop, but the original image cannot drive the network card, wireless network card, or Bluetooth. I have compiled the Android image of Orange Pi and packaged the network card driver and wireless network card driver of 5Pro, but still cannot drive Bluetooth(rtl8852be). Perhaps you can give it a try and wait for your good news.

@jiangwe Sure Jiangwe, I'll give it a try, ... the only thing holding me back now is I'm not sure I can recover it as a tvbox when everything fails, or even brick.
I'm more looking fwd for running an Armbian OS on it, I tried to boot it once, just lack of usb support and all making it useless.

However it's been a while (I've been focusing on playing with opi5 opi5+), and I've no way to reproduce that now, It'll be helpful if you can share some steps here how you did it, or even some screenshots are motivating.

Cheers.

Edited by Avatar Ng