NAND Install fails on subsequent boots with 'Error: /proc must be mounted'

Zaxter

Hi All,

I'm using a rather old Armbian (wheezy) image on an Olimex Micro.

I've installed a lot of apps on it, so I don't want to be moving to a newer image.

I'm trying to copy my SD card image to NAND using the `nand-sata-install.sh` script that came with the image. 

All goes well. The script partitions the NAND, reboots, installs all files and shuts down. 

When I remove the SD card and power on, the board boots and everything is still alright. 

Now, on subsequent poweroffs or reboots, the board does boot, but I doesn't connect to ethernet. 

Boot logs from debug UART show that `proc` isn't mounted. 

Error: /proc must be mounted

What could be the reasons for this? 

In short: some boards have problems with GMAC init and that means you won't be able to use NAND installation - at least not with build in Ethernet. For booting from NAND we use old boot loader which is known to have problems and we lost sources long time ago. Anyway nobody is working on it for a long time. Therefore we can't do anything until NAND is sorted out withing current mainline u-boot, which we use on all Allwinner boards.

Thanks for your reply Igor.

I just wanted to mention that I'm able to boot from NAND without any problems using your recent `Armbian_5.20_Micro_Debian_jessie_3.4.112.img` image on the same board. Everything including ethernet works perfectly fine even on subsequent attempts.

This leads me to believe that my problem here (i.e. proc not being mounted on boot) is not related to the GMAC. 

Hard to say, yes.

All my test board from different vendors boots fine from NAND but sometimes somebody came up with a problem and I remember one mentioning GMAC failed to init. Thankfully, it's an rear event.